Hi and welcome to my latest blog post and a Happy New Year to you all…………….well what a time I had in December doing my personal blog challenge-posting everyday throughout December. It was hard but……….it was interesting too 🙂
I also proved to myself that if……there is sufficient motivation that I can do anything I want to………I had told quite a few people on Facebook that I was going to do my challenge so that meant that I had to do it or suffer the consequences. So that’s what I did I got stuck in got my head down and off went, there where times when……..quite frankly I could have easily just given up, but, because I’d broadcast to the world, well friends on Facebook :-), that I was going to do it I had no option but to complete it, I actually became answerable for my actions.
As far as traffic to my site was concerned, although it wasn’t massive in the great scheme of things, it was acceptable and varied. What I did notice was a spike of traffic when I posted a comment on Facebook or on Twitter.
The sources of traffic to my blog were as follows:
1. facebook.com / referral 141 visits
2. (direct) / (none) 58 visits
3. twitterfeed / twitter 32 visits
4. m.facebook.com / referral 35 visits
5. dansumnerblog.com / referral 18 visits
6. listjoe.com / referral 16 visits
7. otogoldmine.com / referral 4 visits
8. bartnash.com / referral 3 visits
9. docthecoach.com / referral 3 visits
10. andrewstark.com / referral 1 visit
11. daveballonline.com / referral 1 visit
12. juliaharriscoaching.com / referral 1 visit
13. paulo-blog.com / referral 1 visit
14. terry-weatherill.com / referral 1 visit
Now like I said before, although I didn’t tear up any trees, as you can see my number one source of traffic all the way through was good old Facebook, followed by Twitter at number 3. I discounted direct traffic at number 2, because a lot of that was visits by me to my blog. Interestingly enough blog commenting/visits came out quite well too.
As you can see from the above image I had spikes in my traffic and those spikes came when I posted a comment on Facebook. I think its safe to say that if done properly, that Facebook, or any other social media site can be a very good source of traffic.
Now that I have had a rest I think my next project will be to investigate some other traffic sources and see which ones give me the best result. At the minute I’m not sure how I’m going to do it but as soon as I have decided I will write another post with the information. Hope that you have enjoyed reading this post and as always please leave a comment below.